Date: 10-12 November 2018
Venue: Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Register your interest to the event
Get all details on your email
RESORT CITIES: NOWADAYS AND TOMORROW, CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES
10 – 12 November, 2018 Ayia Napa, Cyprus
- Expert panel: ‘Tools of success for a modern resort city’
- Keynote Conversation: ‘Make the resort city convenient for life, desired for tourists and attractive to investors’
- Breakout Panel: 'Development of the resort city - continuous growth and new opportunities'
- Investment show room
- Experience exchange platform. Dialogue of the participants of the resort real estate market
- Experience exchange platform: ‘Restaurant business in the resort city: trends, cases, food’
- Special session: ‘Medicine and medical tourism’
- Special meeting: ‘Makronisos Marina - jewel marina resort of the eastern Mediterranean’
- Intensive Workshop. Resort City Marketing & Branding Master Class.
- Master class for hotel owners: 'How to fill a hotel in the offseason'
- Design workshop: ‘Art of life’. Master class from famous and novice designers.
- Medical Master-Classes from the Leading Clinics
- Official reception, Photo session and Gala-dinner
- Partner cruise along the Ayia Napa coast and lunch with expert
About the event
The event programme includes speeches of leading world experts in the field of place marketing and branding, investments, real estate, hotel business and medical tourism, discussion panels and case presentations on the development of resort cities. Investment showroom will present investment projects of resort cities and offers from companies interested in cooperation with them. The working day ends with the official reception and partner cruise along Ayia Napa coast. The professional training programme is presented by an intensive branding seminar ‘Branding of the resort city’ and master class for hotel owners 'How to fill a hotel in the offseason'.
About organizing and programme committee
Bearing Consulting, UK. It is a firm of professionals with long term experience of complex, time-critical business projects and programmes, where they had observed how a lack of creativity, focus, structure and appropriate risk management could cause lower than expected results, unnecessary costs and delays.
Best Place - European Place Marketing Institute, Poland. It is a society of experts, a think-tank in regard to place marketing, working actively for the development of cities, regions and countries. The Institute supports the development of place marketing through research, teaching, advise and work on perfecting the marketing for the sustainable development of places.
Global Club of Leaders (GCL, UK) is the multicultural community uniting business elite and academia from 48 countries; global ranking; consulting; marketing and publishing centre.
International Association of Health Practice Specialists (MASOP), Russia. The Association unites doctors, healers and scientists with knowledge and experience in the field of recovery from 22 countries. It's a global scientific and practical platform for presentations, discussions and exchange of experience in the field of healthy lifestyles and self-improvement.
About the intensive workshops
About the intensive workshop for city managers
During the seminar, participants will gain unique knowledge in the field of city marketing planning and brand management. As practitioners and academics (‘pracademics’), the speakers will present key, applicable trends, approaches, models and tools related to the subject of the seminar in an accessible way. The knowledge and skills will be provided in an interactive way, which is a balanced combination of lecture (about 30% of the duration of the seminar), discussion (~30%) and workshops (case studies and group work on own project (~40%).
About the intensive workshop on hotel management
The One-day intensive seminar will introduce efficient investment and financial solutions for the hospitality sector from the world leader of the hotel management - Horwath HTL, Switzerland-Global. Benefit from case study - an exclusive opportunity to discuss your business issues with Managing Partner - Heinz Wehrle. As the result, all participants will receive a check-list of workable strategies for project financing and development as well a Certificate of Attendance.
RESORT CITIES: NOWADAYS AND TOMORROW, CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES
Arrival at Ayia Napa
Accommodation at Adams Beach Hotel 5*
19:00-21:00 Evening walk through Ayia Napa
10.00-10.30 Registration and Morning сoffee/tea
10.30-12.00 Expert panel: ‘Tools for the success of a modern resort city’
Recent trends and studies from world experts:
- Heinz Wehrle, CEO, Investment Promotion Programme, GCL UK; Managing Partner ‘Horwath HTL’, Switzerland-Global, Switzerland - ‘Hospitality and Real estate development for the efficiency of resort city and tourists attraction’
- Jorgen Eriksson, Director, Expert, Bearing Consulting, UK - ‘The City Excellence concept for the resort city’
- Adam Mikołajczyk, Co-founder & CEO, Best Place - European Place Marketing Institute, Poland - 'Model of the resort city of the future. The need for successful branding for creating a unique identity for your city'
12:00-13:00 Keynote Conversation. ‘How to make the resort city convenient for life, desirable for tourists and attractive for investors'
Open discussion, examples of successful case studies, questions and answers.
Questions for discussion:
- • Effective governance models
- • Ecology of the resort city, ecological balance and green technologies
- • Employment of the population, attraction of skilled workers
- • Seasonal demand
- • Inclusiveness of urban and health resorts
- • Security issues
- • Smart technologies
- • Preservation of historical and cultural objects
Moderator - Mr. Jorgen Eriksson, Director, Expert, Bearing Consulting, UK
13:00-14:00 Breakout Panel: ‘Development of the resort city and new opportunities’
How to develop new intriguing forms of tourism, how to create a unique look and unforgettable atmosphere in the city. Panel members will share successful solutions, creative and inspiring ideas.
Questions for discussion:
- • New forms of tourism - additional income and seasonal variations
- • Creative tourism
- • Unique design of the city - creative architectural, artistic, landscape projects
- • City Holidays - ideas and experience of success
Moderator - Mr. Adam Mikołajczyk, Co-founder & CEO, Best Place - European Place Marketing Institute, Poland
14:00-15:00 Lunch and Networking
15:00-17:00 Investment show-room
- • Presentations of investment projects of resort cities.
- • Presentations of companies interested in cooperation with resort cities in the spheres of architecture, construction, landscape design, interior design, restoration, eco technologies, hotel development, HoReCa.
- • Experience exchange platform. Dialogue of the participants of the resort real estate market.
- - Expert's view: Current state and trends in the resort real estate markets by Heinz Wehrle, Managing Partner, ‘Horwath HTL’, Switzerland-Global, Switzerland
- - Presentations of leading companies
- - Cases of effective advertising campaigns
- - Establishing business contacts for the purpose of concluding partnership agreements
- - A network of representative offices
- - Development of effective standards of cooperation
- • Experience exchange platform: ‘Restaurant business in the resort city: trends, cases, food’
- - The most relevant trend of the restaurant market
- - Cases. Fresh concepts.
- - Pitfalls of different projects
- - How to promote this or that concept? How to develop and scale the business?
- - What trends in the restaurant market should be guided by when choosing a franchise?
- - Food. Why dishes become hits and bring money. How exactly are they made?
Moderator - Heinz Wehrle, CEO, Investment Promotion Programme, GCL UK; Managing Partner, ‘Horwath HTL’, Switzerland-Global, Switzerland
15:00-18:00 Special session: ‘Medicine and medical tourism. Synergy of treatment and recovery as a component of the success of the resort’
- - Discussion about a new view of medical travel as a synergy of treatment, health improvement, teaching practical methods of preserving health, beauty, longevity.
- - Presentations of leading medical centres. Achievements of medicine practitioners and their author's methodologies, experts on medical tourism from different countries.
Moderator - Prof. Ganna Zhukova, President of the International Association of Wellness Practices
20:00-23:00 Official Reception, Photo session and Gala-dinner. Presentation of the memorable awards to the participants of the conference.
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING PROGRAMME AND PRACTICAL CASES
10:00-14:00 Work-shop 1
Resort City Marketing & Branding Master Class: ‘How to create the unique identity of your city’
- Introduction - city competitiveness in a globalized world
- Place marketing as a managerial process
- Review of city marketing strategies
- The role of city image and reputation
- City brand identity models
- Managing the city brand touch points
- Segmentation, positioning and targeting as a key implementation tactics
- Challenges and barriers in place marketing & branding (municipalities perspective)
10:00-14:00 Work-shop 2
Master class for hotel owners: 'How to fill a hotel in the offseason'
10:00-14:00 Work-shop 3
Special meeting ‘Makronisos Marina - jewel marina resort of the eastern Mediterranean’ with Mr. Stavros Caramondanis, CEO, M.M. Makronisos Marina Limited.
Review of implemented projects.
Negotiations with investors.
Conclusion of the contracts.
10:00-14:00 Work-shop 4
A series of master classes of innovative health practices.
10:00-14:00 Work-shop 5
Design workshop: ‘Art of life’. Master class from famous and novice designers.
10:00-14:00 Work-shop 6
Culinary master class.
14:30-18:00 Partner cruise along the Ayia Napa coast and lunch with expert.
Conference Cancellation Policy